Sunday, August 01, 2010

Summer is almost over!

Where did the time fly? Sam starts back to school one week from tomorrow, and we will have to get back into the routine of early mornings and homework . . . groan! We have had a fabulous summer this year. We went on a Disney vacation in June. We had a laid back July 4th, swimming at Aunt Kay's earlier in the day, and shooting fireworks here at home that night. Then, two of my favorite people in the world, Rhonda and Carol, came to visit me HERE in Jackson on July 24. It was the perfect day.

This summer Sam finally learned to swim well enough that I don't worry quite so much. I guess I'll always worry just a little. :) Also, he has gotten to be quite the speed demon on his bike. I love watching him ride up and down our long driveway.

We will be taking one more small weekend trip to New Orleans soon. Can't wait, since it is my FAVORITE city, and I love every minute there. I think we may go to the zoo, and stock up on some back-to-school clothes for Sam.

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Jill Sarginson said...

I cannot believe school starts so early for you! :( Sounds like you had a GREAT summer though! :)